Wednesday, July 10, 2013

:Weeknight Dinner: Balsamic Veggies with Sun-Dried Tomato Sausage & Rice



I have a recipe so fast and easy to share with you, it really shouldn't be considered a recipe. Even the pickiest adults have loved this. Not sure what small children would think since I currently don't have any.

Ingredients:
1 package of Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Sausage from Trader Joes
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 bags of Fire Roasted Vegetables with Balsamic Butter Sauce also from Trader Joes
1/4 cup of water
brown rice to serve on the side

Prepare:
Slice the sausage into bite sized pieces. Brown them in a large sized pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add 2 bags of vegetables. Add a 1/4 cup of water and cover pan with lid. Stir occasionally, it is done when the veggies are hot.

Serve:
On a cup or a plate put about 1/3 cup of brown rice. Scoop sausage and vegetable mixture over top. Don't forgot to add a spoonful of sauce! I usually serve this with a side salad and would guess this makes about 4-6 servings depending on how hungry every one is.

Couldn't be easier or quicker. To make things extra easy on me - I will cook a large amount of brown rice and freeze them in dinner sized portions. This way whenever I need brown rice I can just quickly have some without needing to cook some for 45 minutes EACH time!





No comments:

Post a Comment