Monday, July 8, 2013

:Beauty Essentials: Hair

Beauty products are taking over my bathroom. While I am currently cleaning and organizing the rest of my house this summer I am also slowly working on reducing the amount of beauty products taking over my bathroom closet. While going through all my beauty products I plan on sharing my favorites with you!


Lets start off in the shower. I now only have one shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioner! After finishing off a couple of bottles I'm ready to share what has been working for me.

First I have been coating the ends of my hair with this Suave Moroccan Infusion Conditioner to protect the ends while I scrub my scalp with the Suave Moroccan Infusion Conditioner. I have really dry ends that have been highlighted one too many times. I find this helps prevent my hair from drying out and gets the ends ready for their actual conditioning treatment! Plus it's Suave so you know this is affordable!


Sidenote: Since I love the smell of the shampoo and conditioner I decided to try out the styling oil from the same line. I've only used it a couple days so I haven't tried it enough to decide if it's worth it. Quick review- it smells great, but doesn't have enough power to keep my hair styled or frizz free in this summer humidity. However this might be wonderful to use during dry winters.

After I rinse out the shampoo/conditioner combo I break out the big guns, Amika Nourishing Mask. There's so many things I LOVE about this.



1. It works! My hair has never felt softer or healthier. I truly think this helps prevent split ends from from happening and also reduces the appearances of frizzy, fried ends.

2. The smell- it is a light floral almost fruity smell. I wasn't sure if I would like it since I normally like lighter fragrances (like light blue by Dolce and Gabbana for reference) but I just get this happy feeling every time I smell it on my hair.

3. The packaging- It's so cute and colorful. A tiny piece of happiness in my shower!

Now I just bought the trial size from Birchbox and I can already tell a difference. I will be ordering the large size soon so I don't run out. I really can't say enough about this. I highly recommend it! It isn't the cheapest of hair products but I think the low cost of my Suave shampoo/conditioner routine help even it out :)

I'd love to hear what your current hair products are! Let me know if you've tried either of these or if there is something else I need to try in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment