Friday, May 23, 2014

May 2014 Birchbox Review



I just got my May Birchbox in the mail today and I'm so excited to share it with you. Birchbox is a monthly subscription box company. They curate beauty and lifestyle items and ship them to your door for only $10 a box. (You can sign up for a yearly subscription and you get one box free!) 

The best part about Birchbox is their points program. You can review each product in your box for 10 points. 100 points = $10 to shop at there website. For example right now I have 310 points, after I try all the products in my box if I want to purchase the full size version I have a 10$ discount. You can combine points and discount codes to create a really awesome deal! 



I'm going away this weekend so this shampoo and conditioner set from Nexxus will be packed in my travel bag. The body lotion by Gilchrest & Soames is light and doesn't have a strong scent so it won't interfere with my perfume.


The little packets are minty pop rocks that help freshen your breath! It tired the honey mint one and it was surprisingly tasty! 

Pixie Shea Butter Lip Balm is a fun makeup treat to try for summer. I swatches it below so you can see how pigmented it is.

Ever since I've been subscribed to Birchbox I've wanted to try the Whish brand shave cream. The scent Acai Grapefruit is perfect for summer. Fresh and Fruity.


This Pixi balm is surprisingly pigmented!! On my lips it's a coral red, but since it's still like a balm it's not intimidating to wear. I plan on wearing this all summer!

Overall, I really enjoyed my box this month. It was full of both practical and fun products. If you're interested in trying Birchbox it's normally $10 a month but use code SUMMERSUB to get your first box for $5. Once you factor in there points system to use on products in there store the box is practically free!! Gotta love "shopping math"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment