Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sephora Favorites - Meet Your Match swatches and review


I recently picked up the Meet Your Match set from Sephora. It contains six corresponding lip and nail colors. I picked this up mostly because I've only tried two of the six brands (Formula X and Tarte). 

The picture below shows (messy) swatches of all three nail colors. 



I was pleasantly surprised with Nails. Inc (the purple color). It applied with ease and that is one coat!

I was really excited to try the Deborah Lippmann nail polish (coral) since it's raved about and way out of my price range in full size. This polish was gloopy and awful! This picture makes it look better than it did in real life. Now this is my only experience with this brand of nail polish so maybe other colors are better but I am less then impressed.

The Formula X (nude) was also disappointing. It just would not apply evenly, but I think this might be this specific color since I've used (and loved) other colors from this brand with no problem.



Last are the lip swatches.

The purple is from bite beauty. There lip products are FDA approved. In other words if you accidentally lick all this off...you will be just fine. However, the smell is pretty awful that I haven't caught myself licking it off;) But the color is beautiful on the lips. It's a bright punchy purple that is going to be fun to wear this spring.

The coral color in the middle is from Tarte. I was a little nervous since it seemed so bright but its kind of a "my lips but better" coral shade when applied. This stains the lips and lasts the longest out of all three lip products.

The nude color on the left is from Hourglass. I was excited to try an Hourglass product since the brand is quite pricey. It smells like vanilla cupcakes and is the perfect nude shade without making me look like death. This is a product that I would consider buying the full size version if I finish the mini. 

Overall, I'm happy with this kit even though two of the nail products were fails. I bought this kit to try mini sizes of brands so I didn't buy a full size product that I might not like. These favorite sets Sephora offers are a great way to try brands and also who doesn't love a cute miniature product!

If you're interested in getting this set make sure you go through Ebates first. Right now Sephora is at 4% cash back!




No comments:

Post a Comment